Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 119

So I am wanting to hit my 10 % on my weigh in day on wednesday. Yesturday was a great day. I felt great and was getting more and more excited for weigh in day first time in weeks that I felt this way. For my strenght traing I used my kids doing legs lifts using them as weights did about 100 reps and my legs were buring and my kids were laughing they loved it. I also took a 30 min walk my aim was 2 mile in that time well to reach that 2 mile mark with in 30 min I had to run a little bit to get it but I reached it. Instead of the tuna for lunch I had a ham sandwich. The meals that had options I highlighted in bold.

Daily Allowance
10 oz Fat Free Milk

Breakfast
Choose one of the following:  5oz Orange Juice / Orange / ½ Grapefruit / Kiwifruit / 6oz Strawberries / 6oz Melon
1oz Branflakes plus milk from your allowance

Mid Morning
Choose one of the following: Apple / Banana / Pear / Peach / 4oz Grapes/ 2 Plums

Lunch
Tuna Roll or Sandwich (wholegrain roll or 2 slices wholegrain bread, small amount of low fat spread, 3 ½ oz tuna, sliced tomato, sliced onion, green salad, small amount of dressing)
Diet Yoghurt

Mid Afternoon
Ryvita with 1 tsp honey

Dinner
Indonesian Turkey with Rice
OR
Average Chicken Portion brushed with 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp lemon juice, a little garlic puree, salt and pepper, grill or bake until cooked through
8oz baked potato ( had 4 oz of rice instead)
4oz Green Beans

Exercise
Strength Training
30 minute walk, war up for 5 mins, walk briskly for 20 mins, slow down for 5 mins.  Aim to cover 2 miles

Indonesian Turkey with Rice – Serves 2

4oz Brown Rice
1 Tbsp Oil
6oz Turkey or Chicken Breast cut into thin slices
1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
1 small red pepper, chopped
4oz bean sprouts
4 green onions chopped
2oz peeled prawns/shrimps
½ tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Thai 7-spice seasoning
Pnch of brown sugar

Cook rice according to package instructions.  When rice is ready commence with the remainder of the recipe.

Heat oil in a large non stick frying pan and stir fry turkey over a high heat for a minute to brown.  Turn heat down slightly and add carrot and pepper, stir fry again for about 3 mins.

Add all the remaining ingredients including the rice, and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 mins, stirring gently all the time.  You may add a little chicken stock or water if the mixture appears to be sticking to the pan, or if you may prefer it slightly less dry.

Taste for seasoning and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment