Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 115

So I was supper busy today to the point that I didn't have lunch until 1. I went for a 20 min walk today went to the school a little early and walked on some paths with my two younger kids while waiting for my oldest to be out of school. Before I had lunch I also did 10 min of yoga and I was sweating from head to toe. Great work out today I felt great.  I had the grilled chicken for dinner. I made some cookies today and was picking at the dough so I grabbed my morning snack banana and a glass of milk then I didn't pick anymore.


Daily Tip: 
Drink plenty of water

Daily Allowance: 
10oz Skimmed Milk (use some with your breakfast cereal and drink the remainder any time during the day)

Breakfast: 
Choose one of the following:  5oz Orange Juice / Orange / ½ Grapefruit / Kiwifruit / 6oz Strawberries / 6oz Melon
1oz Branflakes plus milk from allowance

Snack:
Choose one of the following: Apple / Banana / Pear / Peach / 4oz Grapes, 2 Plums

Lunch:
Egg & Salad Sandwich (Use 2 slices of wholemeal bread, small amount of low fat spread, hard boiled egg mixed with a little low fat mayo, lettuce and tomato)

Snack:
Low Calorie Soup
1 Ryvita Crispbread

Evening:
Thai Chicken & Noodle Stir Fry, Diet Yoghurt
OR
Chicken Breast, baked or grilled, 6oz boiled potatoes or rice, 2oz Peas, Diet Yoghurt

Exercise:
20 mins – Body Contouring (Yoga)
20 mins walk, make 10 mins in the middle brisk.  Try to cover one mile.

Thai Chicken & Noodle Stir Fry – Serves 2
½ Tbsp Honey
1 tsp Brown Sugar
2 tsp Lemon Juice
½ Tbsp Water
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Thai 7 Spice Seasoning
100ml Chicken Stock
½ Tbsp Oil
8oz Chicken Breast, cut into thin strips
1 small Onion, thinly sliced
1 Red Pepper, cut into strips
½ tsp garlic Puree
100g fresh Beansprouts
1 tsp Cornstarch blended with a little cold water
4oz medium Chinese egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions

In a small bowl mix together honey, sugar, lemon juic, water, soy sauce, 7-spice seasoning and stock.  Stir well.

Heat oil in medium non-stick pan and add the chicken and onion, stir fry for a few mins until chicken is golden.

Add red pepper and garlic.  Stir fry for a further 2 ins.  Add beansprouts and stir fry for 1 min.

Add stock mixture, lower heat and simmer for 2 mins.  Add cornstarch mixture and stir to thicken sauce.

Toss cooked Chinese noodles in the stir fry for a few seconds and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment