Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 32

 So yesterday I was extremely proud of myself ate one extra cake pop and tried a fried pickle. I was tempted to eat some pringles I could smell them and wanted them so bad but I resisted but I it was hard. So with that I was proud of myself. Today also I wanted to just relax and not exercise but I rode my bike for 20 min at least I did my bike. So I tried a new recipe for dinner I loved it. It was a turkey burger with avocado sauce. Jared had it also but he didn't have that sauce just the burger and liked it also liked it. I love trying new recipes it gives my family something else than the same boring stuff. I love sharing what is nice and yummy. So after dinner I stilled had 400 calories left so I was trying to figure out what I could have so I made a bowl of strawberries banana and plain yogurt and with a rice crispy square on top it was great and only 264 calories.

Breakfast:
1 slice sprouted wheat bread
1 tsp margarine
2 tsp honey
1 banana
Calories = 280

Lunch:
Chicken Breast
1 yogurt tube
1 c broccoli Cole slaw
1 tbsp mayo
2 tbsp sweet red chili Thai sauce
1 banana
Calories = 290

Dinner:
Turkey burger with avocado sauce
1 c broccoli Cole slaw
1 cheese slice
1 tbsp mayo
Calories = 513

Snack:
1 c strawberries halves
1 yogurt
1 banana
1 rice crispy square
Calories = 264

Total daily calories = 1346

Turkey burgers with avocado sauce
1 c fresh or frozen corn, thawed
1/2 c chopped red onion
1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced ( I didn't use this)
2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp lime juice
2 garlic cloves, mined ( or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/8 dried oregano
1 pound extra-lean ground turkey

Sauce:
1 medium ripe avocado, peeled
1/2 c fat-free sour cream
2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
2 tsp lime juice
1 garlic clove, mince ( or 1/8 tsp  garlic powder)
1/8 tsp salt
4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
shredded lettuce and reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, sliced tomato and red onion, optional ( I didn't use any of this just a cheese slice.)

1. In a large skillet, saute the corn, onion and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the lime juice, garlic, salt, cumin, chili powder and oregano; cook 1 min longer. Transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly.
2. Crumble turkey over the mixture and mix well. Shape into four burgers. Refrigerate for at least 30 min.
3. For sauce, in a small bowl, mash avocado with the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt. Refrigerate until serving.
4. If grilling the burgers, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 min on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165 and juices run clear.
5. Place burgers on buns; top each with about 1/4 c avocado sauce. Serve with lettuce, cheese, tomato and onion if desired.

Nutrition Facts: 1 burger equals 413 calories, 13 g fat ( 2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 678 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 8g fiber, 37 g protein.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment