Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 38

 So today was an awesome day for the diet been kinda lazy for the most part but this evening doing my bodyrock and than going to do 40 min on the bike when I am done. So if anyone is wondering when I say that I am going to do my bike after my blog I honestly do it. So today I made chicken Kiev and it was awesome my baby and Bethany ate it and my other daughter did not even try it she is going through a phase where she won't eat anything. But with everyone else it was a hit. So I ate some yogurt covered raisins and for a tiny box 130 calories that sucks not very much for a lot of calories but I had some anyways because I had some frozen vanilla yogurt with the raisins on it.

Breakfast:
1 thin bun
1 large egg
2 tsp fat-free mayo
1 cheese slice
Calories = 240

Lunch:
3 oz chicken breast
2 tbsp sweet Thai sauce
1 thin bun
1 c broccoli Cole slaw
1 tbsp mayo
1/2 slice Swiss cheese
1 yogurt
1 cheese string
Calories = 448

Dinner:
1 Chicken Kiev
1/2 c rice
1 c mixed veggies
2 tbsp better than butter sauce
calories = 417

Snack:
3/4 c frozen vanilla yogurt
1 box yogurt covered raisins
calories = 280

Daily total calories = 1385

Chicken Kiev
prep:25 min Bake: 20 min, yield: 2 servings

1 tbsp butter , softened
1/4 tsp each dried thyme, parsley flakes and rosemary crushed
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 egg white
1/2 c soft bread crumbs
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp paprika
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves ( 4 ounces each)

1. Combine the butter, thyme, parsley and rosemary: shape into two cubes. Cover and freeze until firm, about 10 min.
2. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, lightly whisk egg white. In a third bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and paprika.
3. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a butter cube on the center of each. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg whit, then roll in crumb mixture.
4. Place seam side down in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 20-25 min or until a meat thermometer reads 170. Discard toothpicks before serving.

Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 231 calories. 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment