Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 53

 Today was a great day I stayed on track. I had lots of fruits and veggies great filling meals. I am so proud of myself. I love my egg white omelet in the morning with all the veggies and I had turkey bacon in it with some cheese. My energy level was down today so I didn't do any exercises I am really having a hard time doing it lately and is going to work on it this coming up week. So this afternoon I made a salsa cheese ball 1/4 cup only 57 calories and it tasted great with carrots and cucumbers.

Breakfast:
3 egg whites
tomatoes green pepper
green onion
1/8 c Monterrey jack cheese
2 slices turkey bacon
1 tsp margarine
1 yogurt
1 banana
Calories = 361

Lunch:
100 g chicken breast
2 celery stalks
2 tbsp cheese whiz
1/2 c strawberries
1 yogurt
1 orange
Calories = 285

Dinner:
1 Turkey burger with avocado sauce
1 cheese slice
9 baby carrots
1/2 cucumber
1 yogurt
1/4 salsa cheese ball
Calories = 607

Snack:
Special K bar
13  sweet tarts
Calories = 150

Total daily calories = 1402


Salsa Cheese Ball
Prep: 30 min + chilling
Yield : 3 cheese Balls (1 c each)

2 pkg ( 8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 c grated Parmesan cheese
 2 garlic cloves, minced
6 tbsp tomato paste
1/4 tsp  salt
6 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
3 tbsp finely chopped onion
3 tbsp minced seeded jalapeno pepper (i didn't use any)

1. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic until blended.
2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese mixture, tomato paste, and salt until blended. Stir in cilantro, onion, and jalapeno. Shape into three balls. Wrap in plastic wrap: chill until firm.
3. Cheese balls may be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.

Nutrition Facts: 1/4c equals 57 calories, 5 g fat (3g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace of fiber,2 g protein.


No comments:

Post a Comment