Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 43 Weigh In Number 6

 So here we go this week I lost 1.2 pounds bringing the total to a whopping 16.4 pounds in 6 weeks. To be honest I wanted to lose 2-3 pounds this past week, but with what happened on Saturday I am proud to say that I lost. So I was reading an article saying that eating less carbs and less salt and drinking plenty of water will help get rid of the salt intake that I had on the weekend. So I am going to try and continue with this today isn't a good day to go by had a snack of toast and peanut butter with some jelly.  I need to stop eating peanut butter it gives me heart burn so wasn't feeling great after that huge snack so I will need to try and find something better than that. Also I have a sweet tooth and love rice crispy squares need to find something to replace my sweet cravings. I am only six weeks into this but I still find it changing at times hope it gets better and better. Just one day at a time.
So today I ate more than I should of but not going to let that happen again. I did exercise so that covered the extra calories. Did 20 min so far on the bike and did 20 min on bodyrock. Going to give you a new recipe today I loved it. It had a nice taste and everything. So I forgot to take a pic but I am going to have the left overs tomorrow so I will take a pic and but it up.

Breakfast:
turkey burger
1 cheese slice
1 yogurt
Calories = 322

Lunch:
3 ounces chicken breast
1/2 tbsp sweet chili Thai sauce
1 c broccoli Cole slaw
1/2 tbsp less fat mayo
1 yogurt
1 apple
40 g BBQ special k crackers
Calories = 440

Dinner:
Sole with shrimp sauce
Calories = 338

Snack:
3 rice crispy square
2 slices whole wheat bread
2 tbsp peanut butter
4 tsp apple jelly
Calories = 695

Total Daily Calories = 1795

Sole with Shrimp Sauce:
Prep: 25 min, Bake: 15 min, Yield: 4 servings

1-1/2 pounds sole fillets
1/4 tsp each salt, paprika, and coarsely ground pepper
3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms

Sauce:
1-1/2 tsp grated onion
4-1/2 tsp butter
4 tsp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp each salt, paprika and coarsely ground pepper
3/4 c fat free milk
1/4 c reduced- sodium chicken broth
3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tsp minced fresh parsley
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

1. Place fillets in a 15-in x 10-in.x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt, paprika and pepper.

2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook mushrooms over medium heat until tender. Spoon over fillets.

3. Bake at 350 for 10-15 min or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

4. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, cook onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, paprika and pepper until blended.

5. Gradually stir in milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 min or until thickened. Stir in the shrimp, 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, parsley and basil; heat through.

6. Spoon the sauce over fish; sprinkle with cayenne and remaining cheese.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 338 calories, 9 g fat (4g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 741 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 52 g protein.

1 comment:

  1. The sole with shrimp sauce sounds yummy. Why not make some sugar free jelly for when you get those sweet cravings? If you like it with fruit in it, then you can also make it up like that. Buying the packets and making your own is less expensive than buying those ready made pots. If you love your Peanut Butter, do you like it with celery? That way you are still getting some peanut butter minus the bread. Also I find bananas are sweet and filling.

    ReplyDelete