Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 16

 Well 16 days in still have trouble with the snacking and sweets but hopefully that goes away soon. So the last couple of days i haven't felt good. Really haven't eaten  and usually lose a couple pounds due to that, but when i get better I usually over eat to make up well i don't want that to happen and flush those past couple of week out the door. I read somewhere that it takes 4 weeks to create a habit and only 3 days to break a habit. Well if i take the time and effort to create the habit why am I going to throw it out the window. Well today felt a little better so I made so dinner today. It was Vermont Turkey Loaf , I loved it my kids didn't try it  , except my one year old boy who ate it and liked it, and  my husband liked it as well.. It was a hit. Still no exercise but hopefully tomorrow will be better for me.

Breakfast:
7 Crackers
18 Special K crackers ( sour cream and onion)
1 powerade
Calories = 300

Lunch:
7 Crackers
36 special K crackers
100 ml Thai chicken veggie soup (didn't like it at all will not be buying it again)
Calories = 298

Dinner:
Vermont Turkey Loaf (292)
1 C mixed veggies
1/2 c mashed potatoes
Calories = 512

Snacks:
Cheese string
Popsicle
Calories = 105

Daily total calories = 1215


Vermont Turkey Loaf:
4 servings
2/3 c chopped onion
2/3 c chopped fresh mushrooms ( i did use mushrooms)
2/3 c chopped carrots
2/3 c dry bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 pound lean ground turkey
2 TBS maple syrup
2 tsp Dijon mustard

1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, mushrooms and carrot until tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, combine the veggies, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
3. Pat into a greased 9-in x 5-in loaf pan. Bake, uncovered , at 375 for 35 min.
4. Combine syrup and mustard; pour half over the turkey loaf. Bake 5-10 min longer or until a meat thermometer reads 165 and juices run clear. Serve with remaining syrup mixture.

Nutrition Facts:
1 serving equals 292 calories, 10 g fat (3g saturated fat ), 90 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so good, keep it up. Bruce and I both move meatloaf. Infact I think that is what we are having tomorrow. It is one from those freezer meals that I make. I should let you have the recipe. You literally have your meatloaf all mixed and ready to cook. It stores in the freezer flat in a freezer bag, so hardly takes up any room. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete