Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 8 First Weigh In

So here is the results as I posted on my first post I weighed in at 232 this morning I weighed 225.2. Yes you heard me right I lost 6.8 pounds in week one. I am so excited that means all the hard work is paying off. 6 pounds wow. All the workouts that I did but didn't really want to do the fussing over food and treats have paid off. Now to keep it off and keep this up.

Breakfast:
1 pkg Apple cinnamion instant oatmeal
1/2c milk 1%
1/2 cheese string
Calories = 211

Lunch:
1 Chicken breast (150 g)
2 TBS sweet red thai chili sauce
1c Mixed veggies
1/2 TBS olive oil
1 greek yogurt no fat strawberry
1 orange
 Calories = 432

Dinner:
Gingered Beef Stir-fry
Calories = 377

Snacks through out day:
4 rice crispy squares ( yes i did have a few of these but they were split up through out the day)
1 cheese string
Calories = 420

Total calories = 1440


Gingered Beef Stir-fry recipe:
1-1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
1/4 c cold water
3 TBS reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil (I just used)
1 beef flank steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
1 jar (8 oz) whole baby corn, drained
1/4 c julienned sweet red pepper
2 tsp minced fresh gingerroot
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 pound fresh sugar snap peas
3 cups hot cooked rice

1. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstartch, Stir in the wat, soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon oil until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in remaining oil for 4-5 mins or until no longer pink.
2. Add the corn, red pepper, ginger and garlic; stir-fry for 2-3 mins or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add peas; stir-fry 30 seconds longer. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 min or until thickened. Serve with rice.

Nutrition Facts: 1 cup beef mixture with 3/4 cup rice equals 377 calories, 12 g fat (4g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 41 g carohydrate, 2g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat, 2 startch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.

 So today I wasn't up too much excersice so i rode the bike for 20 min took a short break and did another 20 min on the bike i wan't going to let 6.8 pounds go out the window just because i wan't feeling great. So here's to another great week.

3 comments:

  1. Well done Susan. I am the other way round to you. I am not doing too well at tracking my food, hence that little bit of Christmas weight is not going. But I have been exercising every day. Just need to get more motivated with the food. I think the Fitbit has something to do with the exercise part!!
    The Ginger Beef looks really yummy. You didn't say what the rest of the family thought of it. Does it get a YES or a NO in your new cookbook. On appearances alone it would get a big YES from me.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps sorry Jerrica didn't eat anything last night, but found out she was sick at 3 this morning so that could of been it. Bethany loved it I took the beef and veggies out before I added the soy sauce mixture to the beef. Just thought I would be playing with fire if I added that. Jared thought it was Ok he's not a huge beef fan. I really loved it tasted great and it filled me up.

    Also thanks for all the support every one is giving me it help alot.

    ReplyDelete