Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome to my weight loss journey

 This year my goal is to loss weight and start living a healthier life style. I have tried and failed many times through out the past years, but I am tired of feeling and looking the way I do. So thought I would share my success and struggles with others.

 My weight this morning was 232. I am in total shock I did not think that I weighed that much. It is sad to think that in the last 2 months I put on more than 10 pounds. Well i am sick of looking chubby and not being able to fit into the cloths that I want to.

 Here is what I am going to try and achieve through out the year. First of I am going to drink less diet sodas. So I am going to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. Not only that but I am going to exercise daily right now 20-30 min and work my way up to 1 hr. Eating healthier and keeping track of what I eat that way I have to write it down and be accountable for it. Also not eating after 7 in the evening.

 My First day was hard. I planned out what i was going to have a day before and I stuck to it but i so wanted to eat more. I slipped once and I didn't finish I threw it into the garbage. I was very proud of myself when I did that. So here is what I  ate today:

Breakfast:
1 fried egg
2 pieces of Turkey Bacon
1 orange
and a little ketchup
Calories - 205

Lunch:
1 Banana
Fat-Free Cherry Greek Yogurt
12 Baby Carrots
1 TBS Three chees ranch dressing
A sandwich with
sprouted bread, Chicken breast deli meat, 1 TBS fat- free Mayo, and a little mustard.
Calories - 595

Dinner:
Left over Turkey dinner but messured out.
3oz turkey
1/2 c stuffing
1c veggies
1/2 c mashed potatoes
1/3c gravey
Calories - 479

Total Calories fo the day = 1279

Breakfast I felt like I could of had more but didn't.  The rest of the meals did fill me up but with the last coupl months of picking just when ever I wanted to do it and like I said before I did but threw it out after a couple of bites.

After dinner I didn't want to do any excersing so I climbed onto the bike we have in our room and did that for 25 min. So  proud of my self.

 I want to succed in my weight loss and willing to do it and want to. I will post a pre weightloss pic.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! It's so hard, but totally worth it. I did this a couple years ago, and lost 45 pounds - sparkpeople.com helped a LOT with their support and recipes and all sorts of resources. (gained it all back during my last pregnancy, then couldn't lose it, but we won't talk about that...lol) Just remember, the first two weeks are the hardest! You'll feel hungry ALL THE TIME, but that goes away eventually. Adjusting to smaller portions and munching less often was the hardest part for me. I'm cheering for you! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the best of luck. I understand the struggle myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start Susan, well done. I am looking forward to following you everyday. I think if I click the subscribe by email button, I should get your updates emailed to me!

    ReplyDelete